Saturday, August 16, 2008

Capturing an image


I've taken a long time, to update my blogger. It was very easy to start the blogger, with a brief introduction, but I've found it bit harder to continue it. Any way, lets talk about the moments I enjoyed the most with my camera!

Most of my friends know I'm not an expert in photography, but all of them know I'm crazy on that. I didn't have many idea on photography in my school days, but attracted towards it during my university life. From the beginning I didn't have interest on capturing images of people, but always focused on natural photography, especially sceneries.

When I started taking photos, I didn't know any sort of theoretical aspects of photography, and didn't take the subject in university as well, but I learnt some thing later on through experience and from my friend Sutha. I only had a 2 mega pixel digital camera.

The above image was taken by that camera, in Polanaruwa, an ancient capital of Sri Lanka. It was an evening, with cloudy sky, but the tank did look great even in dull conditions. It was amazing to see the Sun set behind the mountains far away, in the other shore of the tank. I was impressed by the scenic beauty and tempted to capture an image (I like digital cameras well because they are like online exams, results is found instantly).I was well satisfied with this image, though it could have been captured better.

The most impressive aspect of photography for me is the memories. Whenever we see the photo, all the beautiful moments of that time will come to the mind, and refresh it with lot of energy. The scene, the people around us, the fun we had, the effort, planning, execution, arguments,etc. I enjoy those more than the beauty of the photo!

I know most of you also had the experience same as mine, and also I had seen several people among us have excellent knowledge in photography as well. We may not be able to capture the image as a perfect one, which can satisfy all the rules of photography, but still we can enjoy the joyful moments.

So even with your phone camera, start to capture the world around you, I'm sure the world around you will become more beautiful for you!

No comments: